Claims for Reimbursement
If you receive care while abroad, you may have to pay for your care upfront. You are eligible for reimbursement of 100% of the cost, but have to file a claim for reimbursement.
To submit a Claim for Reimbursement to the International Insurance provider, please follow the following steps:
- Obtain a receipt for all payments for medical care with a description of services and amount paid. This receipt must be translated to English before submission to Health Special Risk. For translation services contact International Insurance via phone or e-mail to request translation services.
- Phone: +1-866-693-6873 (Toll Free), +1-312-935-9242 (Direct Dial)
- E-mail: GallagherGlobalAssistance@ajg.com
- Make copies of all documents.
- Fully complete the Study Abroad Claims Form.
- Submit your Study Abroad Claims Form and all receipts/documents within 90 days of receiving care, via email, fax, or mail, to:
- E-mail: UILtravel@hsri.com
- Fax: 1-972-512-5820
- Health Special Risk, Inc.
4100 Medical Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007.
- Include the case number provided at time of treatment, if applicable, in any correspondence regarding your claim.
Note: International students who have paid for care upfront or with their own money in their home country must use their permanent U.S. address when filing a Claim for Reimbursement or it will be denied due to policy exclusions.
For more information about submitting a Claim for Reimbursement, please visit the Arthur J. Gallagher website.