Spring 2020 Study Abroad
The information on this page is no longer being updated. Please refer to this page for updated information after April 22, 2020.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) globally. This page includes updates and FAQs relevant to students on study abroad programs and individuals abroad on University business.
All students are required depart their study abroad sites immediately. Please complete the Departure Planning & Intake Form by March 20 so that we can better assist you in your return. If your travel or academic plans change at any time, please complete a new form.
You may also review March 11 messages from President Killeen, MASSMAIL - COVID-19 Policies, and Chancellor Jones, MASSMAIL COVID-19: Post-spring break information for students, faculty, and staff as well as our March 11 message to students for additional details.
Review the latest communication and updates:
- Fall 2020 and academic year 2020-21 study abroad programs (April 22)
- Department of State advice to return as soon as possible (March 19)
- depart Oceania as soon as possible (March 19)
- depart Europe as soon as possible (March 18)
- academic information (March 13)
- additional travel arrangement assistance (new blog post on March 12)
- students required to depart study abroad sites (March 11)
- students strongly advised to depart Europe (March 10)
- early departure timelines (March 4)
- follow-up guidance on early departure (March 3)
- Chancellor & Provost message sent to all faculty, staff, students (March 2)
- early departure for all students abroad (March 2)
- assistance if departing programs in South Korea (March 1)
- students required to depart Italy (Feb. 29)
- advice to depart Italy (Feb. 28)
- programs in Italy (Feb. 24)
- travel to China (Jan. 31)